By Bill MacLeod
It seems like we’re all waiting for something…good health to return…a marriage to mend…a job…a prodigal to return…a baby to arrive…a biopsy report…love for life…or just for the microwave to ding!
The Bible says that those who wait on the Lord…will renew their strength (Isa 40:31); will be heard (Ps. 40:1); will be saved (Proverbs 20:22). Indeed, Romans 8:19-39 says that “all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are”.(NLT)
Next month Mission ConneXion Northwest 2015 will bring unique opportunities for you to actively wait by engaging with JD Payne at Leadership ConneXion and as a plenary speaker along with Don Richardson, Ramesh Richard, and Steve Richardson; visit with Exhibitors and interact with workshop presenters who have experience… and even better, opportunities that can transform your life, like these all-new workshop tracks:
- “Hispanos en Mision” Spanish-speaking workshop track
- “Bible Translation for Life Transformation”
- “Current Issues in Missions”
- “Native American Indigenous Missions”
- “Welcoming the Stranger”
If, as you actively wait, you would like to also actively help, here are some suggestions:
- Register to attend the *FREE* Mission ConneXion Northwest 2015 Event at Sunset Presbyterian Church:
- Register to attend Leadership ConneXion with JD Payne on Friday, Jan. 16th from 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Watch, then share on FB, and show your church this 2015 video
- Download and Post our 2015 Promo Poster
- Volunteer to be a part of our Program Distribution right after Christmas by contacting: Pat@TheMitchellFamily.com
Life is about waiting because life is about becoming. Mary waited for Jesus to be born…and Jesus waited for His time to die on the Cross. As you actively anticipate this Advent Season, may you see indicators of Jesus revealing who you really are becoming…and we trust you will allow Mission ConneXion to play a small part!