STRATEGIC VOLUNTEER PARTNER
5-10 hours per week in the summer months and 2-5 hours per week the rest of the year. Must be available to participate in all parts of the January conference. Work from home, volunteer position. The Workshop Coordinator organizes and oversees the master schedule for all the presenters at the Mission ConneXion Conference by building a team of track leaders who contacts, builds relationships with, and schedules speakers for the annual conference. This position is a key leadership role on the Mission ConneXion team and plays a vital part in ensuring the implementation of the Mission ConneXion vision. Available immediately.
- Oversee the complete Workshop master schedule of 125+ individual sessions
- Create and work closely with a team of 25+ Workshop Track Leaders who will find the presenters to fill each of the 5 sessions they are responsible for.
- Workshop Track Leaders will contact past speakers for possible future involvement or referrals
- If the Workshop Track Leader is unable to find presenters for their specific 5 sessions, the Workshop Coordinator and Workshop Track Leader will work with the Steering and Executive Team who can assist with referring people to present in that specific track
- Collect and organize the following data for each presenter/speaker: The majority of the data must be gathered over the summer and 95% completed by September 1st.
- Anticipate and address particular room needs (presenters request projection, white boards, etc.)
- Manage the facilitation and collection of workshop evaluation forms
- Coordinate the signage on workshop rooms of topic, times, presenters, etc.
- Interface with Exhibitors’ coordinator for confirming Presenters and Agencies etc.
- Attend monthly steering committee meetings
- Experience reaching out to people and building relationships, ultimately inviting people to speak at the Mission ConneXion conference
- Connected within the community with knowledge on potential speakers
- Perseverance in phoning individuals to gather speakers and collect their information
- Experience building a team and supervising volunteers
- Organization, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Proficient in basic computer applications: word processing, spreadsheets, and internet usage
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in a timely manner
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Tactful and direct while exercising grace and kindness
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to fulfill a yearlong commitment
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.